Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 6: A Bittersweet Goodbye

Hello again everyone!

Today was the last day that we would be spending with the kids at the school. It was quite bitter to say good-bye and we definitely miss every single one of them. It was a blessing to have been at the school for four days straight. But we definitely know that there will be a lot more ahead as well as a lot more cute kids!
Sara: It was a good day but I found it really sad when we had to leave the kids. I cried a lot and got lots of hugs from the kids I got really close to. I’m really going to miss seeing their faces light up when we walked into the school. Besides that, we had a good lunch and our dinner was really beautiful. We ate it on a balcony on the side of a building and the sunset was very pink and so pretty. I just wanted to say hello to my family. Hola mom and dad, hi auntie, kimmie, jade, crystal, Jessica, Shawna, kelsy, the babies. I love and miss you all so much!!
Amanda: i had such an amazing day. It was so enlightening to see the joy that the piñatas brought to all of the kids. I also got to paint a lot of the girl’s nails. They enjoyed it so much.  I understood what they wanted when they first came up to me, asking me to paint them. The girls were so cute and some of them were helping me translate. It just goes to show that even if there is a language barrier between people that is still possible to communicate and have a good time. I made some good friends with the little girls and we played hand games and tickle wars all day. It made me feel so good just to watch these kids have such a good time. I am also shocked to learn that i ate a massive burger for dinner at Tony Roma’s. The burger was bigger than my head. Everyone thought i couldn’t finish it but I showed them. I ate the whole burger and also all of the fries that came with it. This trip has been such an enlightening event so far that i can’t wait to see what the next few days have to bring.
Natasha: Today was a powerful day. As always God was beyond amazing and good. He allowed us to spread his love to children through all kinds of different forms. It is amazing how much you can be used by him when you open up your heart and let him do his work. I was blessed with meeting a girl who needed to be shown his Love. She taught me an important lesson of being able to rely on God to provide the things that we need in Life ... like Love and affection. In far too many cases people are neglected by the people who are “suppose” to show them these things. The girl that we met today was in that situation. Myself and some of the other girls were blessed with the opportunity to provide her with examples of this. We hugged her, prayed for her and made sure she understood her beauty. She was a sad girl in the morning but when we returned in the afternoon she was a happy child again beaming with joy and excitement. To be used by God to turn that one day around for her was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. To be able to share the gospel with her on a personal level allowed us truly show how amazing our God is.  Not only does this teach us that God will provide us with the people in our lives we need to be built up but also the importance of an individual. Being able to spend so much time with one girl allowed us to pour so much into her all at once and truly show her the Grace and Love of our amazing God.
Vanessa: This day was incredible, in many ways. It was finally time for the kids to break their piñatas, and it was like feeding frenzy in the shark cage :D I almost got trampled several times. The kids had so much fun and we had almost more fun watching the chaos. After only four days at the school, we bonded with so many of the students, even though a lot of us didn’t even speak their language! It was amazing to see how powerful smiles, laughter, music, and love can be – they connect us all no matter what language we speak. We made many friends, and were able to reach some of the kids on a deeper level – it was really incredible to see God work through us, and through them. God used all of our talents throughout our time at the school. When it was time to leave, there was a lot of sadness. It’s always hard to say goodbye; we felt like we knew the kids even though we had only met them four days earlier. As we were leaving the school, I looked around at every face and found it awesome that God has a plan for each and every one of them, a future full of hope (Jeremiah 29:11). We ended the day by going to a church group in a local house – all the people from El Salvador are so welcoming, so of course we felt right at home. This day was also monumental because it was the day Natasha and I found Perfection and Flawless (inside joke - and just so everyone knows, you can buy happiness). Overall, our YFC Canada team bonded today, and it was a powerful day for everyone.
Natalia: We had our last day at the Goldtree Liebes school and the whole 4 day experience was wonderful. It was completely different from what  I was expecting because I thought that we would be giving talks to the classrooms everyday along with making the piñatas.  I was already tired of the talks even after one day.  On our last day at this school all the kids had the opportunity to break their piñatas. The sight of the kids getting ready for the candy to fall and then screaming and pouncing was completely wild…they were wild and it was such a funny sight to see. During the four days I also had the opportunity to talk one on one with some kids and make friends with them. I made friends with a boy named Misael and on the last day we found out that we had the same last name. I think he had a little crush on me because he gave me a little heart engraved with his name and his/my last name on the other side. It was something that he already had but he wanted me to have it. I really love it and I am now wearing it proudly around my wrist.  It was really sad to leave because we had gotten to know the kids and see their faces everyday and the thought that we wouldn’t see them again was upsetting. I just thank God for simply giving us the opportunity to talk to the kids and play with them but at the same time sharing the Gospel.
Thank you for reading! :D
Please pray for energy, strength, love, patience and grace. That we may just glorify the Lord in everything we do and as the days get longer,  that we have the energy to do many things. We thank God for everything He has given us! Not sure about other prayer request, but even when we don't know what to pray for, the Lord always knows every detail!

In Christ,
Laura Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment