Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 7: Family time!

Hellooo everybody!

First of all, I would just like to apologize for all the updates we've missed. We've been pretty busy and tired, but we're back to let you all know what's been going on down here in El Salvador!

This past Saturday we had the whole day off which meant relaxation at last! We finally got to sleep in, and we headed downstairs for some breakfast by the pool. It was such beautiful weather with a nice breeze and cute little birds singing (this sound super cheesy, but its true).

After breakfast, my whole day was already made. My grandmother and uncle from my dad's side came to visit me!! I hadn't seen them or had the opportunity to sit down and have a nice chat with them in almost two years! It was so exciting to be able to see them both and catch up. Not only that, but they brought me some pan dulce (sweet bread). Basically every Salvadorian's dream. They both left after a while, which I'm not gonna lie, made me pretty upset. But there's nothing a little shopping can't fix, am I right?

We did some shopping around the mall near our hotel. It was nice to have some time to just relax and have a girly day and go shopping together. Plus, we all actually got something! We had some lunch and drove back to the hotel. That afternoon, some other family members from my mother's side came over, along with some members from my grandmother's church. We held a church service for them at the hotel, gave them some snacks and coffee, of course, you can't forget that! Mr. Day spoke for all of us, and the whole congregation was so happy! Everyone was telling my how happy and grateful they were to have been invited to some visit me and also hear what we're doing here in El Salvador, and Mr. Day's talk as well.

After the church service, we went to a restaurant that's just full of typical Salvadorian food and it was absolutely deeeeeeelicious! We finally got to eat our precious pupusas! After our delicious dinner, we went back to the hotel, but some of us went back out to finally get our Vanessa!!!

We are so excited to have her join us once again, it didn't feel the some without our Vanessa.

Overall, this day was amazing! I had been looking forward to it all week and it definitely went above my expectations and for that, I have to the the man upstairs. So thank you, God!

- Gabriela




No comments:

Post a Comment