Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 13 & 14: The Holy Spirit moves

Hi!

To be honest, I'm completely exhausted from these two weeks, emotionally and physically. In the last few days, it has been more obvious that my body is tired. I know that God has given me the energy to wake up every day, even if I only got a few hours of sleep and I thank Him for doing that because I can't do it without Him. The first few days of the mission trip were emotionally exhausting because I didn't know what to expect when we started our talks in schools. The first school was such a shock and just really helped us prepare better for the rest of the schools. God has a purpose for everything and even though the first school wasn't the best experience, He still used it to challenge us and teach us something.

I can't believe that we're done. It's been kind of confusing how these two weeks have passed by. I feel like at times, it was really fast but at the same time, I feel like we've been here for more than two weeks. For some people, it's hard to believe that this was a mission trip since we didn’t build homes, schools, etc. But I believe with all my heart that this was a mission trip and that God’s hand was upon us. It would’ve been awesome to build something, to be honest but for me, the kind of mission trip that we had was a lot more challenging than building a school or a house. I think I can speak for the whole team that God has really taught us, shown us and provided us with so many things during these two weeks. I thank Him for allowing us to serve Him and others and for loving us so much.

Yesterday (August 18th), we had the chance to sleep in (YAY!) and it was really rewarding. There was also a devotional going on in the hotel and we heard that it was spiritually and emotionally amazing. After lunch, we headed to “Iglesia del Nazareno Madre Tierra” and it was exciting for me since I got to see my friends :D and it was also exciting for Alex since he got to play the drums haha. There weren’t that many youth or children since we decided to visit the church at the last minute but there were still some people. So Alex juggled and helped some people try it as well and he also showed them the Chinese yo-yo, which more people tried and it was really fun. Mr. Day also gave a short talk and then we played some games. The pastor of the church basically let us come and hang out with them, which was really nice. We hung around there for the afternoon and then had to go to another church at 7 PM.

The next church also welcomed us and had us sit at the front. We had some worship music (which wasn’t so great but God still appreciates it) and then Mr. Day talked for a while, then Nicki gave her testimony and then Julie did. We also had a surprise! Kirsten shared her testimony. The Holy Spirit just moved her and she asked to share her testimony at the last minute. Praise the Lord for working in Kirsten’s heart! After all the testimonies and Mr. Day’s talks, the church prayer bombed us. It was such a moving experience again, to see a group of people who don’t know us, pray for us! Many of our group members don’t understand Spanish but the Holy Spirit still moved them. The Holy Spirit moves no matter what language you speak.

I’m SO thankful for all the people we have met in the past two weeks. I can’t describe how.. amazing, God is. I use amazing a lot because I really don’t know how to grasp God. He’s so big and powerful and almighty and there is none like Him. Every time we receive a prayer bomb, I cry because I can feel the love God has for us. I’m so exhausted writing this but I couldn’t wait any longer to tell you how awesome God is. I’m so sad that these two weeks are over. I’m sad that I won’t wake up early in the morning, relying on God’s power to give me energy and seeing lovely faces in the mornings and afternoons. I’ll miss spending time with the group from El Salvador and as well as our group from Canada. I wish we were doing this for a month!

God can definitely give us a mission at home as well. Maybe there’s someone He wants you to reach out to. Maybe He wants you to give up something in order for you to have a wonderful relationship with Him. Maybe He’s challenging you at work, at school or at home. Maybe He’s challenging you to follow Him and believe in Him. Maybe He wants you to spend more time with Him in prayer or reading His word. Maybe He wants you to start something with your friends to help others. Whatever it is, I pray that He challenges you and I pray that you have the heart to listen and follow whatever He tells you to do. I know it’s hard. It’s been hard for me too but trust me when I say that, it is such a wonderful feeling once you follow Him and do what He wants you to do. You feel at peace and life just feels so right. You will feel closer to Him and you’ll want more of Him.

I’m sorry if my posts never make sense, I’m exhausted but the Holy Spirit helps me every time, to type this up.

Today (August 19th), we got the chance to travel around El Salvador :D It was quite tiring but lovely! We’re quite sad that the two weeks are over. One more day in El Salvador left!

Hmm… I think right now, prayers for a safe trip home would be awesome. Also that YFC El Salvador really grows after everything we have done these past two weeks and all the youth and children that we met and saw, can find Christ (if they haven’t) or commit their lives to Him. Hopefully some also contact YFC El Salvador. If there’s anything else you think we need, please pray for that as well.

Thank you so much for keeping up with us!

God bless,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment