Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 15 & 16: The end

I can't believe it's the end.

I'm typing this while my team is packing up and getting ready to leave and as much as I love my home, I'm sad I'm not going back home with them. Most of us on the team didn't really know each other but by God's power, He has brought us together and it feels like we know each other very well.

This trip has been exhausting, I mean, I don't know if I mentioned it before (hehe) but this trip was exhausting! Emotionally and physically. My emotions have been so weird lately because I don't really know what to feel but I know that right now, I'm really sad this is over. God has done so much during these two weeks. The thing that I hate about mission trips is saying good-bye. I hate saying good-bye. I hate to see everyone go and I hate to finish a mission trip because as exhausted as I am, I want to continue to be busy with serving the Lord.

God has plans for us no matter where we are though. I have been praying that everyone on the team goes home and continues to do God's mission. There are many things we can do at home as well, as I have mentioned in other posts.

We spent some time at the beach and shopping yesterday and then had our good-bye dinner. Lots of tears and love were in that place. It was bittersweet.

To be honest, I don't know what to write on the last post. I'm just speechless about how amazing God is. Every day, I keep learning how powerful God is and how much control He has over my life. I don't want to ever forget Him or leave Him again. I am nothing without Him.

It's sad to leave the El Salvador team as well. But God has great plans for them and I know that if they continue to seek Him, God will contjnue to work in them and continue to provide.

Pray for our brothers and sisters who are traveling home and that there are open arms to receive them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers

All glory to God though and everything He has done and everything He'll continue to do.

God bless you all,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment