Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 4: Painting and Awesome Kids!

As always, our God was so great today. Today, we went to a public school to paint. We thought that everything was going to be easy and that painting the outside of the school would be an easy task. However ,today we learnt that things don't always go as planned and we had to accept that God had a slightly different plan. We worked really hard all day to try and paint the outside of the school the way they wanted it but we had the wrong type of paint and the wrong colours. David went back into town to try and get the proper colors but unfortunately that wasn't in God's plan either. Today, we felt like we were trying really hard and not reaching the goal that we wanted. In the end, the paint job still made them happy. God taught us that things won't always go as planned and that there will be struggles we have to face but those struggles will only make us stronger. As much as I felt todays' purpose wasn't completely accomplished, it is hard to say today was anything less than great. We had a beautiful opportunity to get to know some of the kids and we were able to spend alot of time with them, playing with them and sharing gifts. There were so many smiles all over their faces today that I know we did something bigger than painting the outside of a school. God blessed us all and kept us all safe and made us stronger people, I believe today was to help us prepare for the rest of our mission here.

God bless,
Natasha

To be honest, I actually didn't paint that much. I spent half the time walking around, watching others paint, etc. I was frustrated with the way the paint was not going on the wall nicely! I think the main purpose of today was to go to the school and paint and I don´t think we were expecting to interact with the children since they were in class. We did bring a couple things just in case we happened to see some children. Myself and a lot of the others had the amazing opportunity to interact with the kids and share candy and bracelets. We were getting swarmed. News travelled fast and soon there were kids all over the place asking us for stuff. I got to chat with a group of boys for a while about myself and they also told me about themselves. I loved talking to the boys...they were so interesting and respectful. There was one boy who grabbed me and hugged me as we were leaving the classroom. I didn´t want to leave him, so cute! I also had the chance to talk to a group of girls and I got to spend some time with a little 4 year old who had the same name as I did. Que chivo! (Cool) Even though our initial project was not a complete success, God definately gave us this unexpected opportunity and I am very greatful for that.

- Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment