Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 6: Trusting God


Yesterday was a challenge for all of us. Like Nicki, I was so nervous and scared that the students would make fun of me. I was so nervous that I talked quickly but thankfully, we had Bethuel and Maria with us to finish the time we had left. I know that God definitely had a purpose for those challenges that we had to face in the school.

Thankfully and by God's grace, today was quite a different experience. We had the priviledge to visit a Christian private school(Colegio Cristiano En-Hacore), which gave us so much freedom to just praise God and truly say what's on our hearts. The students were polite, respectful, listening during the presentation, interested and just quite awesome to get to know. We had 3 groups and we even had students translating for us since they are so good and better at translating well to their peers so I thank God that there were students that were willing to translate for us and were so kind to us. Unlike the public, I felt alot more comfortable in this school and I was not afraid of the students judging me or making fun of me but I just simply followed God's voice and the Spirit and began to share my testimony to the students. It felt so good to be able to talk so freely about God and not to limit Him since there are no limits to Him! At the public school, I was hiding my creator and focusing on myself, which made me feel so odd! But God has a purpose and He is just helping us to be stronger with our faith and to be able to praise Him and share the gospel even when we're persecuted.

We also had the chance to help the students practice their English, yay! Although, I often had to talk in Spanish because sometimes the students didn't know what I was saying. This time was really fun! The students were also quite willing to do any game and it was awesome! I think games just really helps people bring together. There was usually time right after the talk and after we pray (we pray! wooo!) so we played games and it was really cool.

In the afternoon, we went to a public school named "Doroteo Vasconcelos" and it wasn't as crazy as the other public school was or maybe because I had the tinier ones this time. I was less nervous this time and God just really helped to keep my anxities away. My group had the grade 7s and they were actually pretty quiet and payed attention. The second group of grade 7s were also quite awesome and they made me feel more comfortable because they actually laughed at some of my jokes.

At night, some of us visited a church and Bethuel got to see older friends, it was a very happy moment for him and his friends. It's so great how God open's up doors and how He surrounds us with lovely people.

I apologize if this post doesn't make any sense but I'm quite tired from a very long day but I really wanted to update you all hehe.

Please continue to pray for us! We really need it!

God bless you all!
- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment